Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fall 2011: Diane von Furstenberg and DKNY

I'd like to start by apologizing profusely, Fall 2011 is over and I've reviewed almost none of the collections compared to what is out there. I'll review the 6 collections I have left and finish the reviews for Fall 2011. For all of the collections of the season, click here. To make it up, I'll be doing a "Best of" post for Fall 2011, where I will display my favorite street-style, outerwear, long dress, mini dress, etc. of the season. Hopefully I can continue this trend for the rest of the seasons.

Diane von Furstenburg
This show was a bit of a let-down. It was my first time seeing a full collection of this iconic designer, and after hearing so many amazing things about her my expectations may have been a bit too high.
Favorites:
I don't have much to say for these. They were the ones I liked amidst... the others.


Least Favorites:
A lot of the dresses' necklines were very low, which is pretty, but they had nothing underneath! A look like this is very hip these days, but I think it's verging on slutty. They can wear a bra, they should wear something! A few examples:



There were also some loud, gaudy patterns that I didn't like:



Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2011

DKNY
The street-style in this collection was amazing. I have gone through a complete change in my taste in style because of this collection and it's opened my eyes to the amazing world of street-style.
Favorites:
I'm starting out with my favorite look of the collection. I've said that for a lot of different looks in many different collections, but this one was easy to decide. Anyone can wear something like this, not just a model on the runway, so I think this is true street-style at its best.




These two looks are still street-style, but they go more on the fancy, feminine side of it. The dresses are adorable.
Least Favorites:
Are those clip-on plaid boxer shorts?! Do I even need to go on?! This is hands-down my least favorite piece of the entire collection.
Sometimes, the baggy sweater look can be cute. But this just looks plain bad. The shades clash, the sweater is thrown on messily, and it's definitely not runway-worthy.

The model is dressed up like a nerdy guy, and not in the geeky-chic, boyfriend jeans-clad girl way. Anyone who would wear something like this should go on the TV show: TLC's What Not To Wear.
Hot pink and bright orange are a deadly combination. It hurts my eyes to look at it.
DKNY Fall 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! All your comments are much appreciated <3