Monday, February 14, 2011

Fall 2011 Ready to Wear: BCBG MaxAzria and Christian Siriano

BCBG MaxAzria

I have to say, I wasn't too excited about this season's collection. I mean, I loved the long skirts + tall boots combo, and I was all for the minimal look. But after a while, the outfits just started looking.... the same.
Some of my favorites:

This outfit was refreshing after a long line of flowy skirts and super baggy tops. An example:

I'm lovin' it, but after 100 repeats, I almost fell asleep.
Want to see the full collection? BCBG MaxAzria Fall 2011

Christian Siriano

Don't worry, I'm not always a downer. This collection was awesome. It was my first time looking at a full collection of his, and I was impressed. He had an edgy (but feminine) spin to this collection, with his beautiful models decked out in black from head to toe. Highlights:


I loved the side draping on this one. The shoes added a tough edge to it.
Wow! This is different. Normally this skirt would look absolutely ridiculous, but Christian Siriano added the perfect elements to make it cool.
This dress cures my particularly icky relationship with huge embellishments. All of the details flow together in a way that's tough and chic at the same time.
This dress is perfect for any celebrity to rock on the red carpet! I also especially love these two dresses. They are what I think of when I think Christian Siriano. This represents the whole brand for me.


The picture on the top is the final result of the picture on the bottom. I love to see the original design of a dress, and then the finished masterpiece! In the bottom left corner of the bottom picture is Christian Siriano himself.
Well, those were my favorite dresses. I did have a few that I didn't like too much. Here they are:

I loved the top, and I loved the bottom, but he lost me at the middle. The frilly top and the tight bottom, not working.

I would've liked it if he hadn't added those huge frilly..... things.
For this last one... she looks like she's wearing patchwork Snuggies as a skirt, and was it really that hard to wear a bra?!
Christian Siriano Fall 2011
All pictures are from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! All your comments are much appreciated <3